| At BD Transportation we are committed to working on maintaining a positive relationship between our customers and drivers to accomplish common goals. Our customers have facilities that they need to keep supplied so that they can keep running. Our drivers need to be able to earn a decent wage and provide for their families while also being able to enjoy their family and be treated fairly on the job. We feel it's our position to maintain that balance; that there is a give and take from both customers and drivers to create an atmosphere that everyone can feel is fair and safe.
The way we accomplish this is by building relationships. We want to seek out repetitive freight where our drivers, who are the face of the company, can get to know the people at the docks and warehouses. We want our customers to be able to count on the fact that their BD Transportation driver will be there on time whenever it's within our control to do so. Then when it isn't within our control due we want to make sure that they know ahead of time that there's a delay and when they can expect the driver.
BD Transportation commits that:
- We will work together with our drivers combining our mutual strengths so that we can make our customers successful. This will create repeat business which will result in continued growth and prosperity for all.
- We will strive to maintain an environment of honesty and integrity. Success in transportation is directly related to how we treat each other and our customers.
- We will maintain our equipment at or above all DOT and Manufacturer standards allowing us to do our job successfully.
Of our drivers we ask:
- That you come into work each day on time to the best of your ability.
- That you maintain a professional and courteous attitude while representing the company. We are the biggest vehicles on the road and a lot of times it's up to you to keep motorists safe in spite of them not always knowing how to interact with semis.
Of our customers we ask:
- It is at your location that our two greatest assets meet. That would be you and our drivers. We demand that the drivers treat you with the utmost respect. In return, we ask you to be aware of how hard of a job it is that the drivers do each day.
The most important thing that you can do to help us, help you, is to get the drivers in and out. They face very restrictive hours of service rules. Please help us make the regulations work for all of us and promote public safety.